SEND Support & Teaching Jobs
justteachers has a wide range of SEND support and teaching roles for specialists who can demonstrate a good understanding of subject knowledge. Whilst ideally suitable candidates would have prior 1-to-1 experience / SEND support background within an alternative provision setting, some of our SEND schools are keen to hear about candidates who have transferrable skills gained from the following settings and who are possibly looking for a career change:
- Family Support workers
- Rehabilitation support workers
- Residential children’s care workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Carer of a child with SEND
- Foster parents
To be successful in a Special Education Needs Support or Teaching role you will have:
- An interest in working with Special Education Needs children
- A passion for helping a school narrow the attainment gap and contribute to a pupil’s learning
- A flexible and nurturing nature that strives to ensure that every child or young person gets the support they require to meet their needs
- An ability to see behind the behaviour and needs of the children to help develop progression.
Your role may involve some, if not all, of the following key development areas:
- Developing schemes of work to accommodate National Curriculum or Special Educational Needs Curriculum such as ASDAN and P Scales/Levels
- Conceptual development and communication skills
- Pre-reading, reading, pre-maths and maths
- Scientific understanding- increasing knowledge and encouraging enquiry
- Social and emotional development
- Physical development and orientation
- Creative and critical thinking.
The types of roles we recruit for within SEND Schools are typically (but not restricted to):
- SEND Support roles
- Session Worker
- Pastoral Worker
- Education Support Worker
A Special Education Needs role within a school truly makes a difference to a pupil’s learning. You will be able to help deliver a more inclusive education for all and positively contribute to the pupil or pupils you will work with.
Every pupil matters and every child should have access to a fully inclusive education, that is why we actively invite individuals with any SEND experience to register with us below.
To register for SEND jobs available nationwide, simply fill out your details in the form to the right of this page and a dedicated consultant will be in touch…
"When it comes to teaching agencies to sign up with I strongly urge you to look no further than Justteachers. I thought I was a bit demanding looking for part –time and flexible SEN teaching roles. Within a few days of signing up I met with Megan, and she was back on the phone within a day or so having lined up a trial day for me, which was a success.
Megan soon informed me that the school I was placed in were happy with my work and wanted me to work more. This was so pleasing and really lifted my confidence levels. I was even more pleased when Megan suggested that if I was successful at interview that the school would take me on a more permanent basis. So here I am now working for the school and 2 months after I am still in contact with Megan.”