NQT Jobs – Newly Qualified Teaching Jobs in the UK
Justteachers has been supporting NQTs for over ten years and in these unprecedented times, it is more important than ever for us to offer advice, encouragement and options to our NQTs.
We understand that where final placements have either been cut short or not taken place at all this year, NQTs (both BA QTS and PGCE qualified) may feel reluctant to apply for jobs due to lack of hands-on experience, or simply not being comfortable or confident to commit to a permanent role in an unfamiliar School. The final placement allows NQTs to consolidate their skills learned throughout the course and obtain vital classroom experience, without this, it is understandable to feel nervous.
It is however important to know that justteachers can provide you with options.
- Build on your experience within different school settings and with different pupils
- Test the landscape or dip your toe in – no long-term commitment
- Undertake a variety of roles (many exclusive) to build confidence
- You decide when to work and where
- Gauge if the school is the right fit for you – allowing you time to settle in to the environment without a permanent commitment
- Our 12-Week Working Interview solution enables 12 weeks of ‘bedding in’ before either parties commit to a permanent position
- Gain valuable references
- Regular income
- May count towards your NQT induction
Don’t feel quite ready to commence a teaching role?
A favourable route into teaching for many NQTs who wish to gain more classroom experience without the pressure of a teaching role is to undertake Support Work roles (either on supply or longer-term basis), such as HLTA, TA or even Cover Supervisor roles. This enables you to build upon your existing knowledge, gain hands on experience in the classroom and can act, once you are comfortable, as a stepping stone to more independent Teaching opportunities.
Due to the excellent relationships we have built with our schools, justteachers often deal with opportunities on an exclusive basis. For example to cover last minute short and long term sickness, that will not be advertised externally. Register your details today and a consultant from your local team will be in touch with you soon to discuss your options.
For more information about the support we can offer to you, the options you have available and advice / resources regarding the ‘virtual interview process’ download your free NQT Support pack here.
I would recommend justteachers as they have a constant flow of work, offer a good rate of pay and have a good relationship with candidates.”