Cover Supervisor Boston
Justteachers are working with a Boston based Secondary school who are looking to recruit a fulltime Cover Supervisor on a permanent basis.
As a Cover Supervisor your role will be to teach classes to cover short term absence of teachers. You will teach the lesson that has been set by the usual class teacher, taking full account of the school behaviour policy and ensuring the quality of learning experience for students within the class. You should be able to respond to student questions and know where to direct them to gain extra help.
As a Cover Supervisor you will need to cover a range of subjects and be able to think on your feet and adapt quickly to the work provided. You will also need to be able to show authority in the classroom and manage student behaviour, using school’s policy. The role is well suited to those looking for a career path in education, previous school-based experience is not essential but a background in the Youth and Public Services would be beneficial.
Benefits of being a cover supervisor
- No planning
- No marking
- School based hours, term time only
- Flexible working, you choose when you’d like to work
To be considered for the position you must:
- Hold a minimum level 2 qualification or have previous experience as a cover supervisor
- Be able to supply at least two references covering the last two years (this includes college/ university placements) from an Educational, Healthcare or Youth and Public Service sector
- Have the ability to lead and cover none subject specialism lessons
- Hold strong behaviour management skills and be able to engage pupils regardless of their ability and background
- Have a professional and flexible attitude.