Social, Emotional and Mental Health Practitioner
Justteachers is currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and caring ‘Social, Emotional and Mental Health Practitioner’ (SEMH) to work within one of our partner schools in Warrington. This role is set to commence on 1st September 2022 and last for the full academic year.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and motivated practitioner to join the dedicated staff team, if you are passionate about the importance of pastoral care and supporting the needs of our vulnerable pupils, at all levels, within their supportive, hardworking school community.
You will be meticulous about record keeping and provide high level support to staff and families of the school. You will also have a clear understanding of Pastoral and SEND provision, communicate clearly and professionally with parents, children and external agencies and be proactive about taking action to support their families.
The post is offered with a daily rate starting at £75 per day working 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday with a 30-minute lunch break each day.
Experience of working with children within an educational setting is essential for this role.
You will have:
- Experience of supporting Mental Health and Wellbeing is an advantage for this role.
- Experience of undertaking relevant and effective continued professional development (CPD).
- Two references from within an education setting.
- Ability to work well with the school team including teaching staff, SEND and Safeguarding teams.
- Experience of working with pupils who present behavioural issues, including implementing positive behaviour management strategies.
- Ability to support the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Experience of delivering interventions, such as Speech and Language would be an advantage for this role, although training can be given for the correct candidate.
- Strong behaviour management skills.
- Experience of providing a positive learning environment.
In return, Justteachers offers:
- Competitive pay rates.
- No timesheets.
- Weekly pay.
- Free safeguarding.
- A dedicated specialist consultant to support you and your needs.
- On-going support and development.
- AWR rates of after 12 working weeks.
If you are a Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge, please apply below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 850 0310.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Please note that this job expires after 90 days, you can though still apply to be considered for similar roles that we have available.