Alternative Provision SEMH Teacher Kings Lynn
Justteachers teaching agency is recruiting for a talented and passionate Teacher to work within one of partner specialist provision schools located in Kings Lynn.
This is a new position that has been created to support and teach pupils who may have previously experienced significant and prolonged periods of disengagement and/or disaffection in their education. This may have impacted negatively upon their previous levels of achievement and motivation to succeed at school. We are seeking a Teacher who will be committed to making sure that all students learn and are engaged in a meaningful and worthwhile education, which provides them with the means to enjoy achievement, success, and increased independence.
This position is in a highly supportive school on a full-time basis with a flexible start date and could be made permanent for the right candidate.
About the role;
- Full time position with a flexible speciality – ability to teach foundation stage Maths and English is required
- You will need to be a positive and resilient role model who is willing to work and overcome the boundaries/challenges required to make a positive impact to the pupil’s education and wellbeing
- You will be working alongside pupils aged 10 – 18 years of age, each with their own specific Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- You will need to work as part of a team, including liaising with teachers, support staff and external agencies to support the learning, behaviour, physical and emotional well-being of students
- To provide practical support for learning, educational activities, developing social skills and integration.
- QTS, PGCE, FE, QTLS or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable students, particularly those highlight with additional Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs
- A proven track record of reintegration to mainstream or supporting pupil retention
- Resilience, ability to see through and overcome challenging behaviours to ensure each pupil achieves to their best ability
- A sense of humour and ability to form relationships quickly
- Previous leadership or management experience desired but not essential
In return, justteachers offers:
- Competitive pay rate
- Holiday pay
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited referral scheme – £50 per recommendation
- Weekly pay
- Free safeguarding training
If this role isn’t for you but you are interested in learning more about the SEND roles we have available, please register today or call us on 01775 233 116.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Please note that this job expires after 90 days, you can though still apply to be considered for similar roles that we have available.