Examination Invigilators required
Justteachers is looking to appoint a number of casual Examination Invigilators to support a partner school located on the outskirts of Lincolnshire.
The main exam period is from May to June with additional cover potentially required at other times of the year such as mock exams.
The role may include scribing or reading for students who have qualified for access arrangements because of special educational needs and disabilities.
Applicants will need to be flexible, well-organised, reliable and punctual. Full training will be given to the successful candidates although prior experience of invigilation or working in a school environment would be desirable.
- Ensuring appropriate preparation of the exam room as required by the
- examination board
- Supervising the candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner to ensure that the regulations on conduct, communication etc is strictly observed
- Assisting with admittance of the candidates to the examination room and enabling them to find their allocated seats quietly and efficiently
- Distribution of examination papers and associated materials at the beginning of the examination and collecting them at the end
- Distribution of additional paper and/or equipment as necessary
- Escorting and supervising any candidates who may need to leave the examination room in an emergency
- Assisting in the efficient timekeeping of the examination ensuring a clock, visible to all candidates is in the room they are supervising and that the exam board instructions to candidates are displayed as required
- Ensuring that any minor behaviour issues are dealt with in line with school policy
- Reporting any breaches of examination code of conduct to the supervising teacher/invigilator/examinations officer immediately
- Ensuring that the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is fully stocked
To be eligible for this role you will have:
- Prior experience of invigilation or work in a school environment would be desirable
- Two education/school-based references
This is a fantastic opportunity for graduates who are aspiring Teachers, Teaching Assistants or Cover Supervisors. Please apply today or call 01775 233 116 for more information.