Special Education Needs & Disability Support Assistants required
Justteachers are seeking Special Education Needs & Disability Support Assistants to support a partner school in Yorkshire.
We are looking for individuals who are looking for a transition from care, special needs work, youth work, childcare or other vulnerable people into working with SEND pupils within schools from 4-19 Years.
Applications are encouraged from candidates seeking education experience.
Ideal candidates will have experience in some of the below:
- Working with Social and Emotional Mental Health (SEMH), Visual Impairment, Epilepsy, Sensory Impairment, Physical Disabilities, Speech Language and Communicational Needs including Non-Verbal, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Behavioural Needs and Autism
- Ability to work 1:1 or as part of a team
- Experience working in a challenging environments
- Passionate, friendly and outgoing
- Comfortable with Personal Care (if required)
- An ability to improvise and support others in case of an unexpected event occurring
- Experienced any of the following training; Makaton, PECS, BSL, Team Teach, Manual Handling, Safeguarding, Epilepsy Training
Justteachers work with a number of schools across Yorkshire who support children and young people with a range of needs and are confident that we can secure you a position.
Please apply below or call Jill Barnes for more information on 01756 243 125
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Please note that this job expires after 90 days, you can though still apply to be considered for similar roles that we have available.