Primary SEN TA – Lincoln
Due to rising demand from justteachers partner schools we are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants to support the needs of mainstream and special schools around the Lincoln area.
If you’re looking for flexible, temporary or permanent work supporting children with SEND; Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC), we would like to hear from you!
- Evidence of working in the field of SEN
- A minimum L1 qualification in supporting learning or 6 months relevant experience
- An up to date understanding of National Curriculum developments and the current practice within the field of SEN
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of Individual Education Plans (in the context of a special school)
- A positive and sensitive attitude towards children with special educational needs, their parent/carers and to those varying from social and cultural backgrounds
- A sense of humour
- Experience of pupils with severe and profound learning difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a school setting
- Clear understanding of strategies for successful behavioural management principals and practice
- Knowledge and experience of pupils with ASD and additional difficulties
- Understanding of a therapeutic curriculum
- Be able to deal with difficult emotionally charged situations
- Resolve conflict and deal with criticism effectively
- Experience of various communication systems
- A commitment and knowledge about safeguarding vulnerable children and keeping children/young adult’s safe
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.