SEND Teaching Assistant – Peterborough
justteachers are currently working with a partnered Special School in Peterborough to support them in finding Teaching Assistants for daily supply cover. The school is registered to provide full-time education in the age range 5 to 16 years and caters for pupils with a wide range of severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties. In addition, many pupils also have medical needs, physical disabilities, speech and language difficulties or autistic spectrum disorders. A small number of pupils have hearing or visual impairment.
Ideal candidates will have experience in some or all of the below:
- BA (Hons) in Childhood Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education in Childhood and youth studies
- Teaching Assistant qualification level 2 or 3
- Experience and understanding of working with pupils with medical needs
- Experience supporting students with behavioural needs
- Experience in any of the following training; Makaton, PECS, BSL, Team Teach, Manual Handling, Safeguarding, Epilepsy Training
- Passionate, friendly and outgoing and are able to motivate learners
- Able to work as part of a team and support the ethos of the school
- Flexible, creative and have an active interest in working with SEN pupils
- Have manual handling training or are willing to complete
- Comfortable in attending to personal care
If you don’t have all the skills listed below but have a desire to gain experience in a Special Needs or Alternative Provision environment. Please do get in touch for a chat.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.