SEMH Teaching Assistants and Support Staff needed for SEMH school – FLEXIBLE START DATE
justteachers are keen to speak to passionate and experienced Teaching Assistants or Support Staff who have experience working with pupils with Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) needs within either a school or residential setting.
This SEMH School aims to provide their students with a supportive environment to enable them to excel and reach their full potential. The school is passionate about ensuring their workforce is supportive and motivating, offering students a varied curriculum and additional support as required.
The school supports students who have SEMH and struggle with behavioural difficulties, who are unable to attend mainstream schools within the area. With an emphasis on every child matters the school provides excellent support with both educational and emotional needs. Staff provide support to pupils whenever needed and bring learning to life to engage learners from start to finish.
Qualifications are desired, but more importantly experience working with SEMH students and a passion to support their future! Applicants with a background in care work would also be considered.
- Providing general support to class teacher
- May be required to support certain pupils on a 1:1 basis
- Offering constant educational and emotional support to pupils
- Promote school ethos
- Deliver small group activities
- Dealing with challenging behaviour alongside teacher
- Relevant Qualifications (desirable)
- Experience and understanding of SEMH
- Able to work in challenging settings
- De-escalate challenging behaviour effectively
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficulty in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.