Teaching Assistants – Specialist Support
Have you worked with young people with Special Educational Needs before?
justteachers are actively looking for Specialist Support Teaching Assistants to support within a number of special schools in the Manchester and Surrounding Areas.
We support D2D, Short Term and Long Term Placements with some positions having the potential to go temporary to permanent.
Successful candidates will ideally have the following:
• Passion for working and supporting young people in challenging and sometimes difficult environments
• Upto 6 months experience working with children or adults with special educational needs from a health care,
support work, pastoral, youth work or equivalent background, that can be referenced.
• Teaching Assistant Qualifications, NVQ, or Equivalent
• Knowledge and expertise of working and meeting the needs of learners with SEN and other complex needs such
as: SLD, PMLD, SEMH and ASC
• Ability to encourage active engagement with learners in groups and on a 1:1 basis
• Be willing to build relationships with learners and understand what is behind the behavior
• Work well with teachers as part of a professional team to support students
• Happy working with young people from EYFS to KS5 Level
If you have experience working with SEN, SEMH and ASC students, support work, pastoral work or any kind of work, which relates to supporting the progress of vulnerable children or young people then we would like to hear from you!
If you would be interested in finding out more about these roles, please call us on 01618500310 where a member of our dedicated team will be able to help you.
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.