Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistants
justteachers are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join their team in a number of special educational needs schools, colleges and Mainstream Settings in Manchester and the surrounding areas, for full and part time positions on day to day, long and short term basis.
Supporting children and young adults with special educational needs is a highly rewarding vocation. Learning Support Assistants will be required to support students of differing ages from EYFS to 25 years old and successful candidates must be happy to work with students of all ages.
Successful candidates will need the following:
• Have experience working with children or adults who have an array of complex needs such as Social and Emotional Mental Health (SEMH), Physical Disabilities, Profound and Multiple
Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and other complex needs
• Are happy to adhere to personal care as and when required as well as supporting children during meal and break times that may need assistance with feeding
• Happy to work with students who may exhibit challenging behaviour
• Be flexible and open to change
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Have experience with BSL, Makaton or PECS
• Liaising with multi-disciplinary teams to support pupils with SEMH and Physical development and supporting their access to learning, under the supervision of the class teacher.
• Have experience working with young people with SEND needs in the last 2 years that can be referenced.
If you have experience working with young people and adults with complex needs, have a teaching assistant qualification or equivalent, have worked in a care setting or youth work setting then please apply. Ideally candidates would have one year experience in working in the above vocations.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.