Behaviour Specialist – Leeds
We are dedicated to delivering specialist education services to children with a wide range of intervention and support needs within our partner schools.
We currently require a full time behaviour specialist to assist within the classroom. The role will involve supporting the pupils, managing behaviour and working along side the teaching staff in a classroom environment
Previous experience working with pupils who have severe Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties is essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to assist in delivering enthusiastic and engaging lessons
- Knowledge and experience of working with BESD challenges
- Previous experience in a SEND environment
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and requirements
- Team Teach experience (although this can be provided via on job training)
- An outstanding track record in classroom assistance along with being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
- Hold a current enhanced DBS (Child and Adult Checked) on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
- Two recent references that can be verified
The initial starting salary for this role is £70 – £90 per day
This is a fantastic opportunity; this is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficultly in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.