Behaviour Support Specialists – Leeds and Bradford
We currently require full time behaviour specialists to work within several of our partner schools across Leeds and Bradford. The role involves supporting the pupils, managing behaviour and working along side the teaching staff in a classroom environment.
This can be a very challenging role. Previous experience working with pupils who have severe Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties is essential. We are dedicated to delivering specialist education services to children with a wide range of intervention and support needs within our partner schools.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to assist in delivering enthusiastic and engaging lessons
- Knowledge and experience of working with BESD challenges
- Previous experience in a SEND environment
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and requirements
- Team Teach experience (although this can be provided via on job training)
- An outstanding track record in classroom assistance along with being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
- Hold a current enhanced DBS (Child and Adult Checked) on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
- Two recent references that can be verified
The initial starting salary for this role is £65 – £90 per day
This is a fantastic opportunity; this is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficultly in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively you can call us directly on 0800832243
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.