Secondary, Intervention Teaching Assistants
justteachers are looking for an experienced teaching assistant who can deliver interventions effectively to children with a variety of complex needs.
The school is a thriving 11-16 secondary school built on strong values. They have high standards where everyone is challenged and supported to flourish and encouraged to work hard to fulfil their aspirations.
The Candidate will be expected to strive to be the best that they can be and be able to recognise that some learners need additional support in order to achieve their full potential.
The support may be needed for a variety of reasons and provision may be long term or for a short period.
The inclusion team are committed to enabling all learners to experience and manage a broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum and the perfect candidate will have the same vision and level of commitment.
Some of the needs you will be expected to support are:
• Moderate or Specific Learning Difficulties
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder and associated learning difficulties
• Social, Emotional and Mental Health concerns
• Speech Language and Communication Needs
• Visual or Hearing Impairments
• English as an Additional Language
• Physical disabilities
You will need to have:
• Experience of supporting children or young people with additional needs
• Experience working on a 1:1 basis and whole class support
• Experience of working with children in the last 2 years that can be referenced
• Knowledge of EHCPs and the curriculum
• The ability to improvise and support others in impromptu situations
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up to date copy of your CV.
Make the most of our ‘Recommendation Scheme’. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.