Teacher of Physical Education required for an immediate start
Justteachers support Special Schools and AP’s across Lancashire with specialist staffing. We represent SEN and SEMH professionals and are currently working with a partner school in Lancashire who are recruiting for a Physical Education Teacher. The position is full time from October half term and could me made permanent for the right candidate.
Are you a qualified teacher with experience or a desire to support children and young people with social, emotional and Mental Health difficulties?
Job Summary and Duties:
Working as a Teacher of Physical Education you will deliver fun, educational based learning, tailored to each pupil to ensure they achieve positive results. You will be expected to lead the teaching of and co-ordinate flexible, person-centered programmes of study for individuals and groups of children with mixed abilities across BTEC,KS3 and KS4 with SEMH difficulties and other SEND needs. The role will be challenging but rewarding. You will be working with small class sizes, delivering a differentiated curriculum and progress pupils through entry level functional skills and GCSE qualifications.
This position would suit an enthusiastic individual who is committed to ensuring all pupils achieve their academic potential
Your duties will include:
- Teaching Computer Science to KS3 and KS4 and Functional Skills
- Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
- Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
- Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
Key Skills Required:
- Have a background of teaching Computer Science at secondary Level and delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
- Be experienced in or have an interest working within an SEN setting, supporting Children and young people with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
- NQT’S may be considered for this role
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.