Teacher of SEN– Wakefield
Justteachers are supporting a partner SEN Secondary School in Wakefield to help them find an SEN Teacher. The role is full time to start after October half term.
Our client welcomes young people who face social, emotional or behavioural challenges. All pupils have an EHCP for SEMH or ASD. Our client provides a safe, caring and supportive environment and offers specialist support to guide each pupil on their individual journey.
Job Summary and Duties
This is the perfect role for someone who is passionate and holds experience in supporting Children & Young People with challenging behaviours.
- Supporting, mentoring and educating? children?in day to day activities?to develop?their emotional and social needs
- Positive engagement to encourage ?children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent SEMH / SEND qualification
- Ability to provide a consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience?working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Team teach or alternative de-escalation training would be advantageous
- Please apply online now or call 01274 905440 for Recruitment for further information.
If you can’t commit to a full time role but are keen to pursue a career supporting young people, please don’t hesitate to get in touch to join our flexible workforce of SMEH/SEND specialists
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.