SEN Class Teacher
Justteachers are supporting a partner Special School in Yorkshire to find them a SEN Class Teacher. The post is full time to start immediately and could be made permanent for the right candidate.
Our client provides education for secondary aged students and those in the sixth form. Students experience profound and multiple learning difficulties, specific learning difficulties, autism and multisensory impairments that relate to their ability to hear and see. Many students cannot communicate
through speech, and a significant number experience extreme mobility difficulties. Many have additional learning difficulties and disabilities, including physical difficulties and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. All have a statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan.
Class Teacher – SLD / PMLD / ASD
Responsibility for a class of pupils with severe or profound learning difficulties and/or autism where you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing good and outstanding teaching
- Ensuring appropriate differentiation and effective teaching strategies are used to meet the needs of pupils with a wide range of complex needs
- Setting targets, monitoring, assessing, evaluating and reporting on pupils’ progress
- Managing the class team and ensuring effective deployment and direction of support staff in the classroom
- Support the development of an effective team
- Working effectively with other teams in the school to contribute to both joint planning and delivery of the curriculum
- Implementing school policies and guidance while providing a stimulating classroom environment where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for pupils
- Participating in meetings which relate to the school’s management, curriculum, administration or organisation
- Communicating and co-operating with other professionals from outside agencies to ensure effective multi-agency working
- Ensuring effective communication is maintained with parents/carers about their child’s welfare, progress and participation in our school community
- Attending courses, visits to other schools etc. to keep abreast of developments
The role requires the Teacher to have the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of teaching or working with pupils with severe or profound learning difficulties or autism
- Experience and understanding of practice and principles for Safeguarding children within an educational setting
- Knowledge and understanding of SEN provision in a mainstream or special school setting
- The statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equality and the implications in a Special School
- Approachable, hardworking, committed, flexible/adaptable, enthusiastic, empathetic, well organised, patient, and resourceful qualities
- Ability to set and maintain high professional standards
- Ability to work independently
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact us as soon as possible.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.