Are you somebody who is motivated by working with children with complex needs? Justteachers is supporting a partner school in Lancashire to find them a Personal Support Assistant.
About the school
You will be working in a specialist school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Their dedicated support team works together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at school with a troubled view of education and life.
Our client prides themselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them academically and socially, to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, they build con?dence in their students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Role
This role is to provide appropriate guidance and intervention for all pupils as part of the Learning Mentor Team and to safeguard all pupils at all times.
Who we are looking for
Our client s looking to employ a Personal Support Assistant who likes a challenge to support pupils that for the most, are reluctant and troubled learners or have been out of education for a little while. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent communication, interpersonal skills, the right kind of motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Level 2 Qualification in English, Maths and IT or Functional Skills equivalents (or a willingness to work towards)
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour positively and appropriately
- Ability to develop positive and productive relationships with school staff teams, parents/carers and external agencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to inspire and enthuse children
- Emotional resilience and physical stamina
- A team player
- Able to lead and show initiative
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Knowledge of Safeguarding procedures
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.