EYFS Teaching Assistant – Keighley area
Justteachers teaching agency are working with a partner Special School in Yorkshire to find them an EYFS / KS1 Teaching Assistant. The position is full time with an immediate start and could be made permanent for the right candidate.
About this school
- The school is registered to provide full-time education in the age range five to 11 years
- A special school for pupils with a wide range of severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties. In addition, many pupils also have medical needs, physical disabilities, speech and language difficulties or autistic spectrum disorders. A small number of pupils have hearing or visual impairment.
- All pupils have a statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan
- The behaviour of pupils is good
- This school has been graded good by Ofsted
Ideal candidates will have experience in some or all of the below:
- BA (Hons) in Early Years or alternative EYFS qualification
- Teaching Assistant qualification level 2 or 3
- Knowledge of early reading/writing
- Experience and understanding of working with pupils with medical needs
- Experience supporting students with behavioural needs
- Experience in any of the following training; Makaton, PECS, BSL, Team Teach, Manual Handling, Safeguarding, Epilepsy Training
- Passionate, friendly and outgoing and are able to motivate learners
- Able to work as part of a team and support the ethos of the school
- Flexible, creative and have an active interest in working with SEN pupils
- Have manual handling training or are willing to complete
- Comfortable in attending to personal care
If you don’t have all the skills listed below but have a desire to gain experience in a Special Needs or Alternative Provision environment. Please do get in touch for a chat.
If this role isn’t quite right for you – We will pay you £50 for anybody you can recommend to work with justteachers.
We look forward to your response and hearing from you soon.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.