This is a great chance to really make a difference in a challenging but rewarding environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an SEMH/ESBD environment and excellent behaviour management skills.
The following would be required:
- Knowledge of Team Teach or similar de-escalation techniques
- Be friendly, enthusiastic and caring
- Have passion for working with children with SEN
- Have proven ability and be flexible of working on the one-to-one basis and with a small group of students
- Level 2 or 3 TA Qualifications would be advantageous
- A teaching qualification would be advantageous
- Experience of delivering personal care or a willingness to do so
Justteachers SEN division is dedicated solely to recruiting and placing teachers across the full SEN spectrum in Harrogate. We offer positions within PRU’s, MLD and SLD Schools, Learning Support Units, Outreach and Intervention Services and Youth Offending Teams.
Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Justteachers is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.