Special Education Needs Support Assistants
Justteachers are looking for Special Education Needs Assistants to work within a number of schools in the Stockport and Cheadle area to support students with Autism. We are seeking individuals who are looking for a transition from care, special needs work, youth work, childcare or working with other vulnerable people into working with SEN pupils in Primary, Secondary and Further Education provisions.
Ideally candidates will have the following experience:
• Working with Social and Emotional Mental Health (SEMH), Visual Impairment, Epilepsy, Sensory Impairment, Physical Disabilities, Speech Language and Communicational Needs including Non-
Verbal, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Behavioural Needs and Autism
• Experienced any of the following training; Makaton, PECS, BSL, Team Teach, Manual Handling, Safeguarding, Epilepsy Training
• Happy to work with pupils on a 1:1 or group basis
• Experience working in a challenging environment
• Passionate, friendly and outgoing
• An ability to improvise and support others in impromptu situations
Justteachers work with a number of schools across Greater Manchester who support children and young people with a range of needs and are confident that we can secure you a position.
As a member of justteachers you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will work to match you to your ideal school/role. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please apply now or call us on 0161 8500310 to discuss our roles further.
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.