Teaching Assistants – Salford
Due to rising demand from justteachers partner schools, we are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants to support the needs of mainstream and special schools around the Salford area.
If you are looking for flexible, temporary or permanent work supporting children with SEN, Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC), PMLD (Profound and multiple learning difficulties), SEMH! We would like to hear from you!
• Evidence of working in the field of SEN
• A minimum L1 qualification in supporting learning or 6 months’ relevant experience (for SEN Schools a
consideration for candidates with backgrounds in health care, youth Work or other relevant work experience
with children or young persons in place of qualifications will be accepted)
• An up to date understanding of National Curriculum developments and the current practice within the field
• Knowledge and understanding of the importance of Individual Education Plans (in the context of a special
• A positive and sensitive attitude towards children with special educational needs, their parent/carers and
to those varying from social and cultural backgrounds
• A sense of humour
• Experience of pupils with severe and profound learning difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a
• Clear understanding of strategies for successful behavioural management principals and practice
• Knowledge and experience of pupils with ASD and additional difficulties
• Understanding of a therapeutic curriculum
• Be able to deal with difficult emotionally charged situations
• Resolve conflict and deal with criticism effectively
• Experience of various communication systems
• A commitment and knowledge about safeguarding vulnerable children and keeping children/young adult’s safe
As an agency, we pay £50 for every teacher referral so if you know a teacher who is looking for teaching work in the Manchester and surrounding area (we cover the whole of the North West) please let us know.
Make the most of our ‘Recommendation Scheme’. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.