Site Supervisor needed for a Primary School in Preston
Justteachers are recruiting on behalf of a Primary School based in Preston for a Site Supervisor to start in September 2020.
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To organise and manage the work of the caretaking and cleaning team.
- Act as key holder and carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds, the routine and non-routine opening of premises and grounds, responding to calls outside normal working hours as a result of break-ins etc. and/or the setting off of the burglar alarm(s).
- Providing access, where possible, to the premises and classrooms in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations.
- Dealing with enquiries from officers and employees of the Local Education Authority, workers and contractors and, where appropriate in liaison with the Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher(s).
- Monitoring and ensuring the cleanliness of the School premises and furnishings.
- Supervision of site staff (i.e. site supervisor, handyperson) and/or over 74 hours per week cleaning staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Full driving licence
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Caretaking (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 2 qualification in Caretaking (or equivalent)
- Experience of undertaking a caretaker or site supervisory function
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of writing maintenance programmes
- Experience of planning and programming work
- Experience of testing portable electrical equipment
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of working within a school
- Practical experience of monitoring contract arrangements
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.