SEN Teaching Assistant – Birmingham – Sept 2020
The role is to work with a small group of children who have mild, moderate and severe Autistic spectrum disorders. We are looking for someone who is positive and passionate about working with children with SEN. The school services a large catchment area and caters for pupils with a variety of backgrounds.
The school are looking for someone full-time to start as soon as possible
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working with children or adults with complex needs
- NVQ Level 3 TA Qualification
- Assist the class teacher with the day to day needs
- Support the individual needs of the pupils
- Have a desire to become part of a committed team.
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies by the use of praise and encouragement.
- To undertake playground supervision during the mid-morning and/or afternoon breaks and to deal with unruly behaviour and, where necessary, report difficulties to a member of the teaching staff.
- Assist with mathematics and literacy interventions
If you are interested in this position please apply below or call us on 02476 463555.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.