SEND Teaching Assistant – Nuneaton – Sept 2020
Justteachers are currently supporting a SEND school with a specialist Autism unit in Nuneaton. The school are looking to recruit an experienced teaching assistant who can contribute to support programmes for autistic students in school. You will need to have expert knowledge on autism support and be able to lead interventions for individual pupils. You will need to have experience working with children aged 5-16, and be able to build a good rapport with children.
The ideal candidate will be supporting children with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and SEN and will be required to support individuals on a 1:1 basis, assisting with classwork, behaviour management and helping pupils with their daily routine.
- Provide one to one mentoring to students
- Work closely with members of staff to raise student’s attainment and attendance
- Support pupils with their learning, social care and personal development
- Implement action plans created by the school and develop the students in line with the individual action plan
- Identify needs of the pupil and assess who needs extra support.
- Undertake any additional training provided
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people
If you are interested in this position please apply below, or call us on 02476 463555
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.