SEN Teaching Assistant – Birmingham – Part-Time – Sept 2020
justteachers are working in partnership with an Ofsted rated “Good” school in Birmingham who are looking for a teaching assistant to support a child with on a 1:1 basis starting in September 2020 for 5 mornings a week. Experience of working with children with Autism is essential for this vacancy.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant or higher
- Special Needs – Autism – ASC
They are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are highly inclusive in their practice. You will be joining an established team and there is plenty of opportunity for further development.
The school are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria.
- Proactive person who works on their own initiative
- Empathetic and patient someone who can build rapport with the children
- Experience working with children and young adults that have ASC would be preferable.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff
- Resilient personality who works well under pressure.
Training on PECS, Makaton, Team Teach and moving handling strongly desired
If this role is of interest, please apply below or alternatively please call 02476463555 to discuss in further detail.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.