We are looking for a SEND Tutor- Autistic Spectrum Conditions
Justteachers is seeking to appoint a Tutor who will further enhance the SEND provision in one of our Manchester primary schools by providing targeted teaching and holistic support to children with complex special needs, such as autistic spectrum conditions. This is an exciting new role, developed to help meet the needs of their children.
Having established highly effective provision for children with ASC in phase 1 (Reception and Y1) of the school, they are now seeking to replicate this excellent practice in phase 2 (Y2 & Y3) through the appointment of a further tutor.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible and resilient. They must also be confident in leading small group sessions and providing 1:1 intervention.
Pay- £70-£80 per day depending on hours and experience
1. To plan, deliver and evaluate 1:1 and small group taught sessions to children with SEND, primarily in upper KS1/lower KS2, with or without teacher supervision.
2. To deliver phonics/reading to a group of children
3. To support children with highly complex special educational needs in accessing learning and making social development.
4. To support children with highly complex SEND in lessons ensuring maximum engagement and progress.
5. To support children with complex SEND through episodes of emotional and physical dysregulation, conducting post incident analysis and devising approaches to reduce the likelihood of further incidents.
6. To work with class teachers in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/work plans as appropriate to meet the individual needs of the children
7. Use strategies, in liaison with the SENDCo and teachers, to support pupils to achieve Early Years Foundation Stage objectives – The Early Learning Goals or KS1/2 assessment requirements
8. To develop learning and assessment materials which support children in class
9. To implement agreed learning activities/assessments, adjusting activities according to child need
10. Monitor and celebrate children’s learning, progress and achievement and record and report upon progress, including details on attendance, behaviour, development and additional needs
11. Promote good behaviour of all children at all times
12. Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education, Health and Care Plans
13. To maintain a positive attitude, seeking to bring out the best in learners and having high expectations for all
14. To support the running of school with a break and lunch duty.
15. To evaluate and track the impact of specialist provision and interventions.
16. To provide at least 1 high quality after school club per week.
17. Embed literacy and numeracy across the curriculum.
18. Deliver a Singapore style approach to mastery mathematics.
19. To undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by the line manager and commensurate with the post.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now on 0161 850 0310.
As an agency we pay £50 for every teacher referral so if you know a teacher who is looking for teaching work in the Manchester and surrounding area (we cover the whole of the North West) please let us know.
Make the most of our ‘Recommendation Scheme’. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.