Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
Due to rising demand from justteachers partner schools we are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants to support the needs of mainstream and special schools around the Mancheseter area.
• Evidence of working in the field of SEN and primary
• A minimum L1 qualification in supporting learning or 6 months’ relevant experience
• An up to date understanding of National Curriculum developments and the current practice within the field
• Knowledge and understanding of the importance of Individual Education Plans
• A positive and sensitive attitude towards children with special educational needs, their parent/carers and
to those varying from social and cultural backgrounds
• A sense of humour
• Experience of pupils with severe and profound learning difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a
• Clear understanding of strategies for successful behavioural management principals and practice
• Knowledge and experience of pupils with ASD and additional difficulties
• Understanding of a therapeutic curriculum
• Be able to deal with difficult emotionally charged situations
• Resolve conflict and deal with criticism effectively
• Experience of various communication systems
• A commitment and knowledge about safeguarding vulnerable children and keeping children/young adult’s safe
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now on 0161 850 0310.
As an agency we pay £50 for every teacher referral so if you know a teacher who is looking for teaching work in the Manchester and surrounding area (we cover the whole of the North West) please let us know.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.