Teacher of SEND Science
You will be teaching groups of 2-5 students who have complex social, emotional and mental health needs. As a Teacher of Science you will be teaching small groups of students who are all working at a different level and require different approaches in order to learn. This role would therefore, suit a teacher who is confident in teaching at different levels and differentiating lesson plans.
Ideal candidates will have experience in some of the below:
- Experience teaching KS3/KS4 in an EBD/SEMH/PRU setting
- Working with Social and Emotional Mental Health (SEMH), Behavioural Needs and Autism and communication difficulties
- Experience working in a challenging environments
- Passionate, friendly and outgoing
- An ability to improvise and support others in case of an unexpected event occurring
- Experienced any of the following training; Makaton, PECS, BSL, Team Teach, Manual Handling, Safeguarding, Epilepsy Training
- Knowledge of Team Teach or similar de-escalation techniques
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.