Science Teacher with SEMH Experience – KS3 and KS4 – Leeds
We are currently working on behalf of one of our partner SEN schools who are looking to appoint a Science teacher.
The school caters for children aged 11-16, who have an EHCP in place which makes reference to Social and Emotional difficulties, they also cater for additional complex needs, most commonly ADHD, ASC and Specific Learning Difficulties.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding practitioner who provides stimulating learning opportunities within a rich and diverse curriculum
- Skilled in the ability to cater for the needs of children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Have a proven record in supporting students to be successful in gaining qualifications in Science, such as Entry Level, Functional Skills and GCSE
- Able to plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable SEMH students to learn
- Skilled at differentiating lessons to meet students’ needs including the provision of appropriate challenges
- Teach all students to the highest standard, and according to their educational needs, ensuring that they are well prepared for internal and external exams
- Highly motivated and able to contribute to collaborative working across the school
This is a fantastic opportunity; this is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficulty in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively you can call us directly on 0800832243.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.