Science Teacher (Part time – 2 days per week) – Key Stage 3 & 4
justteachers partner School in Boston caters for pupils ranging from Y2 to Y12. All of the pupils have found themselves outside of the mainstream school environment for one reason or another and deemed as vulnerable. They have social, emotional, mental health or behavioural issues and therefore, the classroom can be a challenging environment at times.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Be able to provide 2 child/vulnerable group based referees.
- A current Enhanced DBS Certificate or a willingness to complete one.
- A good understanding of pupil progress, targets, monitoring and learning styles is essential.
- A dynamic approach to teaching and the ability to engage challenging pupils through varied teaching methods should be a strength.
- Good subject knowledge
- Passion for working with young people and helping them to get the most out of their education.
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the head teacher and class teachers.
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes for pupils and help monitor their progress, through Btec, Functional Skills and GCSE qualifications.
- Provide support for individual pupils inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Work with other professionals as necessary.
- To support teaching staff in the implementation of the School’s Behaviour Policy.
- Support pupils with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
- 1:1 work with pupils.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.