Behaviour Support Worker
Justteachers are looking to recruit behaviour support workers to work alongside young people who cannot access mainstream education. The successful applicant will be confident with their behaviour management skills, as well as literacy and numeracy skills since the role will involve supporting the pupil with learning in the classroom. The candidate will be following the pupils Individual Education Plan and Individual Behaviour Plan and will ensure they work towards their learning and behaviour targets. Additionally, the candidate will be recording all progress and any incidents throughout the day and liaising with the teaching staff to discuss strategies to support the students learning in the future.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional working manner
- Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour
- Excellent behaviour management skills
Preferred skills and attributes:
- A childcare, supporting learning or teaching assistant diploma (or other relevant qualification)
- Restraint training such as TEAM Teach or other recognised training provider.
- Good understanding of the KS3 & 4 curriculum
If you are interested in the role or want to find out more, please get in touch.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Great pay rates
- It’s easy to register
- Ongoing support and development
- No timesheets
- A fantastic 24/7 support team
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.