Mechanical Engineer Lecturer/Motor Mechanics Lecturer
justteachers are seeking to find a Mechanical Engineer or Motor Mechanics Lecturer for a part-time land-based position in the Craven area. The successful candidate will be required to assist with the effective planning and organisation of Agricultural and Automotive Engineering programmes, and teach on a range of Motor Vehicle and Agricultural Engineering courses with students of varying ability. Practical work is a large part of the role and will take place both on and off-site and within the college’s workshops. The Motor Vehicle and Agricultural Engineering section has seen significant growth in recent years and offers a range of courses and work based learning programmes in motor vehicle, rural mechanisation and agricultural and plant engineering.
In 2018, Ofsted rated the College as good and the Apprenticeship provision as outstanding. Ofsted also praised the colleges excellent record for student and Apprentice progression to university and rewarding employment.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Relevant professional qualification in Agricultural and/or Automotive Engineering to Diploma Level (Level 3)
- Experience teaching young people
- Relevant experience of working within the agricultural engineering and automotive industry
- Relevant experience with Light and Heavy vehicles
- Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures
- Ability to work both as an effective team member and on own initiative
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively to meet tight deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the College
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the School curriculum
- Ability to plan and implement activities, manage projects and work to targets
- Ability to liaise effectively with Management/staff and external bodies/agencies
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.