SEND – Learning Support
justteachers are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant in Leicester with experience who can provide specialist support and intervention for students in an alternative provision, someone who is passionate, strong and dedicated.
Many students with special educational needs have significant social, emotional and mental health difficulties, such as those with Autism, ADHD or acute depression and anxiety disorders. The school are committed to ensuring that students with SEMH have every opportunity to succeed within a supportive and caring school environment.
Experience of supporting pupils aged 11-16 with challenging behaviour would be advantageous.
We are looking for someone to cover long term, working alongside class teachers, and other support staff within schools.
Ideally you will have some of the following:
- A Teaching Assistant qualification or have experience in Youth Work
- Experience in EYFS / Key stage 1 or Key stage 2
- Team Teach qualified
- Working knowledge of SEMH, ASC, ADHD, or in supporting pupils with Numeracy or Literacy
- Be able to supply at least 2 education/school based references
- Have a professional and flexible attitude inline with justteachers policies
- Have a desire to become part of a committed team
- Be passionate about education and have a good understanding of booster based teaching
- Confidence when dealing with challenging behaviour
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.