Teacher of Physics and BTEC Applied Science
Justteachers are actively recruiting for a Teacher of Physics and BTEC Applied Science to work within one of our partner sixth form providers. This is an Outstanding setting with state of the art classrooms and technology.
The school is looking for someone to secure high standards of learning and achievement for all students through the delivery of high quality teaching and the effective use of resources.
Your core duties will be;
- Have high expectations of young people
- Hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behaviour in their professional role.
- Motivate and build self-esteem and self-worth/self-belief, developing a ‘can do ‘attitude with students.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents/carers and colleagues.
- Participate in open events and parents/student consultation evenings as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a good up to date working knowledge and understanding of a range of teaching, learning and assessment strategies and know how to use and adopt them to provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
- Providing students with constructive individual feedback on strengths and recipes for improvement including action plans for improvement.
- Demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of your subject
- Teach challenging, well organised lessons and sequences of lessons across the ability range
- Keep adequate records of students in your charge.
- Manage the learning of individuals and whole classes effectively, modifying teaching appropriately to suit the stage of the lesson and needs of the learner.
- Use assessment as part of teaching to diagnose needs, set realistic and challenging targets for improvements and planning future teaching.
- Review the effectiveness of teaching and its impact on student progress and attainment through reviews with the Head of School/Curriculum Area.
You will need;
- Specialist knowledge of physics
- Proven experience and evidence of successful teaching
- Have a recognised teaching qualification
- Evidence of continued professional development
- The ability to reflect on teaching practice or personal performance
- An ability to encourage, inspire and motivate learners
- High expectations of self and learners
- The ability to work collaboratively and supportively with other members of staff
- Strong commitment to student welfare, achievement and support
- Ability to work flexibly and respond positively to change
- A willingness to contribute to college life beyond the classroom
If you are interested, please apply below or call us on 0800832243.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.