SEN Teaching Assistants Needed for school in Birmingham – START ASAP
justteachers is currently seeking Teaching Assistants that have expertise or specialist skills centered on supporting individuals with Autism in Birmingham. Preference will be given to candidates who have an educational based career background, however comparable experience from other environments will be considered, such as candidates who have worked within residential homes or within Social Care.
As an ASC Teaching Assistant you may be tasked with:
- Supporting key children with Autism across a variety of year groups in the school
- Your key children will require considerable 1:1 assistance
- You will often be working alongside other Teaching Assistants in the class rooms, but there may be occasions when you may have to withdraw your key children due to the severity of their Autism
- A good working knowledge of PECs, Makaton, intensive interaction, colourful semantics and/or joint attention may be advantageous, but a sound working knowledge of Autism and supporting people with Autism, is essential
Competitive pay rates are on offer as is the opportunity to gain a permanent contract. These roles commence imminently so don’t delay your interest.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills, beliefs and aptitudes:
- Hold a relevant Autism qualification and have comparable experience
- Hold First Aid certificate
- Be committed to the principles of inclusive education and inclusive communities
- Have an open mind
- Approach problems in a creative but practical way
- Have a can-do attitude, enthusiasm and the willingness to take the initiative
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.