Autism Specialist Learning Support Assistants – Immediate Start Long Term Work – Stockport/Cheadle
Justteachers are looking for Teaching Assistants to work within a special educational needs provision in the Stockport and Cheadle area.
You will be required to support students with special educational needs particularly those with Autism within the classroom, directed by the teacher but also using their own experience and initiative to help pupils succeed in their learning.
Placements for this school would be long term, Monday to Friday and we have immediate starts available.
Ideal candidates will have some of the following:
- Knowledge and experience of working with a variety of complex needs such as Autism, Behavioural Needs, Social and Emotional Mental Health, Sensory Impairment, Physical Disabilities
- Patient and resilient and able to see behind the behaviour of children with ASC
- Happy to work with students from Primary age through to Secondary
- Experience of using communication techniques such as PECS, Makaton, Visual Cards
- Happy to work with children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Passionate, committed and outgoing
- An ability to improvise and support others in impromptu situations
Justteachers work with a number of schools across Greater Manchester who support children and young people with a range of needs and are confident that we can secure you a position.
As a member of justteachers you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will work to match you to your ideal school/role. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please apply now or call us on 0161 8500310 to discuss our roles further.
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.