Higher Level Teaching Assistant
justteachers are looking to recruit for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant for a two form entry Primary School in Burnley. The school are committed to improving the quality of the educational provision for all their children, enabling them to reach their full potential and equipping them with skills to assist them in their future lives.
As part of a forward thinking, innovative team you will be required to work both on a 1:1 and group basis supporting the pupils in all aspects of school life.
This role will include various tasks such as:
- Complementing the teacher’s delivery of the National Curriculum.
- Contributing to the development of other support staff and pupils.
- Supporting school policies and strategies.
- Planning collaboratively with teaching staff.
- Assisting teachers with the management and preparation of resources.
- Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
- Promoting independence within the school environment.
- Leading small groups under direction of the teacher.
- Implementing behaviour strategies.
- Supervising community activities with the pupils
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.