Ex Prison/Young Offending Team Officers required Scunthorpe
Have you had experience working with young offenders or adults in prison and would consider a career change?
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven and resilient people to join our team and become role models for some of the most vulnerable young people in the education system.
We are dedicated to delivering specialist education services to children with a wide range of intervention and support needs within our partner schools.
We currently require full time and part time candidates who are looking to make a difference to the young people of today. The role may involve supporting the pupils, managing behaviour and working alongside the teaching staff in a classroom environment. This is a very challenging role – previous experience working with individuals who have severe Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties is advantageous. However, for the right candidate we can provide training such as Behaviour Management, Team Teach and Prevent Training. We would be keen to hear from you if this is a setting that you have a genuine interest in.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of rehabilitation
- The ability to engage an individual who may present challenging behaviour
- A genuine interest in getting to know an individual and the reasons behind their behaviour
- Knowledge and experience of social awareness and how to demonstrate this
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations
- Hold a current enhanced DBS (Child and Adult Checked) on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
- Two recent references that can be verified
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new career; this is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficultly in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively, you can call us directly on 0800832243
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.