Cover supervisor Halifax
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for more classroom responsibility? Are you perhaps considering a career in teaching? Are you looking for a couple of days work a week?
Justteachers are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor to work within their partner schools in Halifax.
What is the role of a Cover Supervisor?
- Deliver pre-planned work to classes in the absence of a teacher
- Ensure that pupils remain on task
- Manage pupil behaviour
- Following school policies and procedures
What doesn’t a Cover Supervisor do?
- Full marking
- Setting Homework
- Deliver interventions
Please note that expectations may vary within different schools.
What skills should a Cover Supervisor have?
- Experience within a classroom or working with people of student age
- An interest in supporting the learning or pupils in a secondary school
- Have good communication skills
- Be confident in front of a group of people
- Holding a relevant qualification would be desirable but not essential e.g.
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting and Teaching in Schools
- Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools
- Any other relevant qualification
If you would like to discuss this role further please call justteachers on 0800 832 243 or apply below
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.