Advanced Teaching Assistant – SEMH school- Harrogate
Justteachers are currently working on behalf of a school in Harrogate, which caters for children from KS2-KS4 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues.
We currently require a full time Teaching Assistant to assist within the classroom. The role will involve supporting the pupils, managing behaviour and working alongside the teaching staff in a classroom environment.
This can be a very challenging but rewarding role. Previous experience working with pupils who have severe Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties is essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to assist in delivering enthusiastic and engaging lessons
- Knowledge and experience of working with SEMH challenges
- Previous experience in a SEND environment would be advantageous
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and requirements
- Team Teach experience or similar
- An outstanding track record in classroom assistance along with being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
This is a fantastic opportunity, this is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficultly in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively you can call us directly on 0800832243
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.