Experienced Teaching Assistant – Blackburn area
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join an alternative provision who will be has strong behaviour management techniques, have a calming influence and the skill to engage particularly disaffected secondary aged students.
This school is passionate about providing children with an environment to encourage learning in a well-resourced facility. They are surrounded by supportive staff who strive for continuous personal progression and development.
This role is full time and will start in September until October half term initially with a view to extend.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with students with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties
- Strong behaviour management and de-escalation techniques
- Awareness of safe guarding
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use their own initiative
- Passion to make a difference
- Ambition for themselves & their students
- Confident, calming and reliable attributes
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.