Special Support Assistant
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and dynamic Level 2 Special Support Assistant. The successful candidate will be required to work with and supervise individuals and groups of children, under the direction of senior staff to enrich curriculum learning. You will assist the class teacher in the management of pupils in the classroom.
The placement is based at an 11-16 Voluntary Aided School enjoying ‘rapid improvement’ in their pursuit of excellence. The position offers the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a supportive, passionate and hardworking team. Full access to the Graduate Teaching Assistant programme and support will be given to the successful candidate.
This full time, maternity position is due to start from September 2019.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above or equivalent
- NVQ Level2, Childcare in Education, City and Guilds Advanced Certificate in Learning Support or equivalent
- Experience of working in a school setting
- Experience of working with pupils with challenging behaviour
- An understanding and knowledge of the National Curriculum and other learning strategies/programmes
- An understanding of child development and learning
- Commitment to the social/emotional/educational integration of pupils
- A calm and approachable manner and be to work under pressure
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.