Newly Qualified Teacher – Preston
Are you a newly qualified teacher who would like to get some experience within an alternative provision?
Would you like to strengthen your CV for future positions in SEN or mainstream schools?
Do you have behaviour management techniques that would provide structure to students with SEMH difficulties?
This provision in Preston is looking to offer a newly qualified teacher the opportunity to join them in September as a teaching and/or intervention HLTA. You will be working with students of secondary age that cannot attend mainstream due to social, emotional and mental health difficulties. There is the opportunity teach some PHSE and work 1:1 on intervention.
The school are forward thinking and dynamic so thrive on candidates joining them with ideas or personal passions that can be integrated into the school. They are looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm and an eagerness to understand how to support SEMH students.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- A degree or equivalent qualification and PGCE
- Recent and relevant experience to the position, ideally within a school setting
- Experience working with SEMH issues is preferable
- Highly organised, dedicated and self-motivating
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently to people at all levels i.e. Staff, pupils, governors, local authority and more
- Understanding and caring demeanor
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.