Outreach specialist required in Norwich
Justteachers are currently seeking an Outreach Specialist on a full time basis to work within one of our multi academy trust partner schools which has many sites across Norfolk. The school is looking for a passionate and engaging outreach worker with a noticeable sense of drive to re-engage students who present challenging behaviour and have social and emotional health difficulties.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build professional positive relationships with students, improve the academic outcomes regardless of ability and to support parents and staff in understanding the needs that each individual student has.
Ideally you will:
- Have an ability to form positive relationships with dis-engaged, vulnerable children or young adults
- Be able to respond calmly to challenging situations
- Be Team Teach Trained or similar; be willing to undertake training which allows an understanding of how to positively manage challenging behaviour
- Experience working in an educational setting or in a previous outreach role
- Have HLTA status or similar
- Have experience in reducing exclusions
- Be able to engage students in planned activities in groups and one a 1:1 basis
- Have previous experience of parental Involvement
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.