SEND Teaching Assistant Required ASAP
Do you want you want to make a difference in a young person’s life?
Justteachers is currently looking for a passionate and experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to work within one of our partner secondary schools located in the Wakefield Area. They provide education to children with a range of complex needs and behavioural needs.
The role is to work with a small group of children who have mild, mode rare and serve Autistic spectrum disorders. We are looking for someone who is positive and passionate about working with children with SEN. The school services a large catchment area and caters for pupils with a variety of backgrounds.
The school are looking for people to start as soon as possible or in September and is full time over five days a week.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working with children or adults with complex needs
- NVQ Level 3 TA QUALIFICTAION
- Assist the class teacher with the day to day needs
- Support the individual needs of the pupils
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies by the use of praise and encouragement.
- To undertake playground supervision during the mid-morning and/or afternoon breaks and to deal with unruly behaviour and, where necessary, report difficulties to a member of the teaching staff.
- Assist with mathematics and literacy interventions
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo enhanced DBS checks.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.