Teacher of Mathematics
We are looking to appoint an excellent and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics. You will be required to teach a timetable of Mathematics at Key Stages 3 and 4, and where available Key Stage 5. The successful candidate will join a vibrant team who strive to enable students to realise their full potential.
The placement is based at an Academy which serves the Borough of Blackburn with Darwen and parts of Pennine Lancashire. The school benefits from state of the art facilities which include open learning environments, a dedicated sports centre and 3G Astroturf. The Academy’s curriculum is innovative and designed to stimulate and stretch pupils. It is delivered within the context of strong pastoral support, via a model that is nurturing and caring and aims to ease the transition and bridge the gap between primary and secondary school. An enrichment programme provides additional opportunities for all pupils to extend their learning and engage in new activities.
This full time, maternity position is due to commence from September 2019.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Qualified teacher status
- Relevant Degree in Mathematics
|· Evidence of successful teaching which is consistently good or better
· Excellent classroom management skills
· Knowledge and use of a range of appropriate teaching and learning styles including strategies for differentiation
· Enthusiastic and creative approaches to teaching and learning which maximise students’ abilities
· Able to develop others’ capabilities and help them realise their full potential
· Effective organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
· Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team, planning co-operatively, sharing information, ideas and expertise
- Proven ability to transfer enthusiasm and understanding of maths to students
Who are we?
Do you want to work with an industry leading, friendly and personal company? Then join us! justteachers is a leading supplier of teachers, nursery nurses, SEN and support staff into schools, colleges and nurseries nationwide. Our continued expansion reflects the high level of service we deliver to our candidates and schools. Our commitment to safeguarding children and schools is at the core of everything we do and the support we offer our candidates ensures they can focus on delivering outstanding education.
Some of the benefits to using justteachers include:
- Great pay rates
- It’s easy to register
- Ongoing support and development
- No time sheets
- Safeguarding training
- A fantastic 24/7 support team
“Excellent rates of pay, friendly staff who always go the extra mile to make supply teaching enjoyable and rewarding: Just Teachers are my favourite agency to work for!” – Laura, Lincolnshire based teacher
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position please contact us, we have hundreds of roles available nationwide.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.