Specialist primary teacher required Norwich
Are you a teacher with experience working with students with additional needs? Do you thrive working a challenging environment?
Justteachers are looking for a teacher who is looking for an exciting new challenge, supporting students with additional needs, in a specialist environment. The school caters for young people aged 5 – 19 and provide a wide, inclusive curriculum and are seeking somebody to join them in their primary phase.
They are looking for an experienced teacher who specialises or are experienced in working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) and other challenging behaviour. You will be required to work with extremely challenging students across all ages in one of our SEMH schools.
Ideally you will have:
- PGCE with QTS (essential)
- Experience in teaching across the primary key stages
- Strong classroom management techniques
- Be able to supply at least 2 education/school based references
- Have a professional and flexible attitude in line with justteachers policies
- Have a desire to become part of a committed team
- justteachers are committed to helping NQT’s and will consider those applicants
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to assist in delivering enthusiastic and engaging lessons
- Knowledge and experience of working with ESBD/SEMH challenges
- Previous experience in an SEND environment
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and requirements
- Team teach experience (although this can be provided)
- An outstanding track record in classroom assistance along with being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
- Hold a current enhanced DBS (child and adult checked) on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
- Two up to date references that can be verified
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficulty in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively you can call us directly on 0800 832 243
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.