Care Team Workers to work in an SEMH Specialist Provision- Leeds
We are looking for care workers to work under the guidance of senior staff, to support pupils in their self-regulation to enable them to settle to learn.
The successful candidate will implement agreed behaviour intervention programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom.
You must be willing to develop a deep and wide ranging understanding of the reasons behind different behavioural difficulties through personal development, research and training in order to provide a range of personalised strategies in response.
This role is to start as soon as possible and may become permanent for the right candidate.
- Support For Pupils
- Use specialist (SEN/behavioural) skills/training/experience to support pupils
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour/Support/Mentoring plans
- Establish positive, productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, setting high expectations and supporting pupils with developing strategies for self-regulation.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
- Support pupils with consistent unconditional regard, identifying and responding to their individual needs
- Teach pupils how to interact and work co-operatively with others.
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance and self-regulation.
- Provide specific feedback to pupils in relation to their progress.
- Provide pastoral support to pupils at a time when they may be in crisis
- Support with strategies that will help with the re-integration of pupils working on personalised programmes.
- Attend to pupil’s personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health and hygiene development
- Develop 1:1 mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils.
- Support the speedy/ effective transfer of pupils across phases/ integration of those who have been absent, looking at supporting behavioural needs to enable settled learning.
- Provide strategies and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning/ behaviour/ attendance
- Challenge and motivate pupils, promote and reinforce self-esteem.
- Have a passion to become a specialist in understanding and supporting students with SEMH needs by undertaking action research as required.
Candidates must have had experience in a similar or adaptable role.
Team Teach/MAPA training is desirable but not essential.
This job is a fantastic opportunity for the right person(s) to be introduced to a great educational setting where they will have the opportunity to progress.
Who are we?
Do you want to work with an industry leading, friendly and personal company? Then join us! justteachers is a leading supplier of teachers, nursery nurses, SEN, and support staff into schools, colleges and nurseries nationwide. Our continued expansion reflects the high level of service we deliver to our candidates and schools. Our commitment to safeguarding children and schools is at the core of everything we do and the support we offer our candidates ensures they can focus on delivering outstanding education.
Some of the benefits to using justteachers include:
- Great pay rates – £60-100 per day
- It’s easy to register.
- Ongoing support and development.
- No timesheets.
- A fantastic 24/7 support team.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.